For optimal performance, images should be sized and compressed properly before uploading to Drupal.
Baylor's websites feature imagery to create compelling experiences for website visitors. While pages with imagery look nice, they also may take longer to download, and the result is that content managers should be cognizant of image size while creating pages.
To use imagery that is both beautiful and streamlined:
- Images should be cropped and resized using Adobe Photoshop (or equivalent tools) in advance of uploading to Drupal.
- Adobe Creative Cloud is available to all faculty and staff members at no charge.
- Adobe has instructions on how to resize and crop images. You can also find tutorials on YouTube.
- You can also find Photoshop training courses on LinkedIn Learning. These courses are available for free for any Baylor faculty or staff member.
- Photos from the Baylor Photo Database or ones taken using your smartphone are large and must be resized (and cropped, if appropriate) before uploading to Drupal.
- Depending on the intended usage of an image, you can find recommended image sizes and PSD templates for use.