Creating and Migrating Websites
Website creation and migration projects move quickly, and the Digital Marketing team will walk you through every step of the process. We’re here to help you create a web presence that is useful and effective through one of our processes.
- Websites are never done. Things are always changing, and unlike printed media, web content can be changed at any time and for any reason. Don't worry about making everything perfect because you can go back and update after launching a new site.
- Websites should be visually engaging. Like books, people judge websites by their “covers,” so we strive to create websites that are visually engaging.
- We adhere to the Goldilocks principle for web content—not too little, certainly not too much, but just right. Audiences for websites are more likely to scroll and skim than to dive deeply into the content, so use headings and lists to help organize content on your pages.
- Unlike a printed environment, websites are viewed on a myriad of devices with a range of screen sizes. We prioritize structures for content that are accessible and usable for all website visitors on all devices.
- Websites are like pets. They need to be fed and watered on a regular basis. And like free puppies, there’s quite a bit of work early on. Be prepared to invest some time and effort during the implementation process, and your work will be rewarded.
Website Migration Process
Most BUCMS to Drupal migrations happen within a day, while nearly all take less than a week to complete. The Digital Marketing team partners with your team to migrate content from the Baylor CMS to Drupal following the existing structure of the site.
Design and Migration Process
The design and migration process happens over a 4-5 week engagement. We work with your team to evaluate content, redesign key pages, and create a plan to create a new site or migrate your old BUCMS site to Drupal.