Configuring a Basic Page Hero Image
Visual interest can be added to Basic Pages with the use of the Hero Image feature.
Basic Pages contain a feature that allows content managers to add a hero photo to the top of the page. This is a great tool for use on high-level pages that may not need the complexity of a Landing Page.
- Example of a finished Basic Page Hero Image area.
- On a Basic Page, click on the "Hero Image" tab.
- After clicking the "Hero Image" tab, click the Select Image(s) button.
- After clicking the Select Image(s) button, you'll see Drupal's media library.
- You can select any image that has already been uploaded, or you can click the Upload image tab to add a new image.
- For this documentation, click the Upload tab.
- On the Upload tab, you can choose a file from your computer and upload it to the Drupal site.
- After uploading an image, complete the Name and Alternative text fields.
- Then scroll down within the modal window to complete the remaining required fields.
- In order to upload an image, you must agree that you have permission to upload the photo. Check Image Rights to confirm. (And if you don't have permission, please either get permission to use the image or select a different image to use.)
- Click Select.
- After selecting an image, scroll down the page, and you will see other options for a Basic Page Hero Image.
- You can add text to the Hero Image Text field.
- Based on the image selection and the needs of the page, you can adjust the Hero Image Style, Hero Text Alignment, and Image Opacity Layer settings.
- To provide the appropriate contrast ratio for accessibility purposes on most hero images please select the Image Opacity Layer setting.